Once you buy a property, you have to purchase scores of gear to make it a home. From essentials to optional fixtures, you should make a list of everything you have to buy and what you would want to have in your home.
It is absolutely possible to live in a home with very few amenities but the fun lies in having a well provisioned home. For that, everything from a vacuum to a fire extinguisher, ladders to an emergency kit, tool box to headlamp and more is said to be needed.
Here is a list of essential gadgets that homeowners are said to purchase after buying a house or while moving into a new home.
- There are basic goods, fixtures that you may need and things that you don’t need for day-to-day living. Focus on the first two categories while making the initial list. This list is of highest priority. You would need home appliances. Make a list of all home and kitchen appliances you would require, including but not limited to fridge, microwave, washing machine, dishwasher, dryer, water heater and air conditioner among others.
- Furniture – another obvious essential to make a house a home. Beds, cabinets and wardrobes, couches or sofas, dining table, centre table, chairs for the dining space, living room and bedroom, desks or counters and a plethora of other smaller furniture would be imperative.
- Electrical and electronic items, from computers to television, telephone to sound systems. You would also need a plethora of upholstery, from blinds or curtains to tablecloths or tablemats among others. If you have a lawn or yard, patio or garden, then you need outdoor furniture.
- Don’t forget the security system, broadband or wireless internet, lights, fans and other essential fixtures.
- The kitchen will require a thorough shopping. From fry pans to skillets, crockery to myriad types of utensils, serving plates to cutlery, you must make an extensive list for kitchen supplies. Don’t forget the cleaning supplies and bathroom essentials while making this list.
- Once you have accounted for these onetime purchases, you need to deal with the recurring and short term purchases. You would need toilet paper, pantry staples ala different sauces, snacks, salt and sugar and pepper and all kinds of ingredients which will allow you to make the humblest of meals.
Haven’t yet found your ideal house to make into a home? Give YNM real estate a call today!
YNM Real Estate
☎ 1300 588 855