Switching spaces can be very overwhelming. With so many things to consider and accomplish, homeowners often find themselves at a loss when that moving day starts to creep in.
Make sure you have everything you need before that big day comes to save yourself from last minute stress.
Things you shouldn’t forget for your big move
- Learn More about Your New Neighbourhood – Where are the nearest hospitals, schools, dentists, fire stations, police stations, grocery stores, and other public points of interest? See to it that you familiarize yourself with all the important areas in and around your new neighbourhood to make the settling-in process easy and trouble-free.
- Organize All of Your Items – You wouldn’t want to bring all of your old stuff – clutter and junk included – to your new space. A move signifies a change or a fresh start, so make sure you only bring the necessities along with you. Ensure that you organize all of your old stuff into donate, throw, and keep piles at least a month before your move. Find the right place to dispose of the items you don’t need, look for a charity or organization that will benefit from your usable however unnecessary items, and keep everything else for the big day.
- Notify the Necessary People – It’s important that you update all of your records of the change of address. Payroll, bills, government notices, subscriptions, and any other service that makes use of your address should be notified that you’re switching spaces. If you have kids, make sure you tell their school about it at as well for safety purposes. When you’re drawing closer to the date, you can inform your electricity, water, internet, cable, and telephone service provider as well so they can transfer your services accordingly.
- Prepare a Bag of Essentials – The last thing you want to do once you get to your destination is to fish through boxes of belongings just to find your toothbrush. Keep everything you might immediately need at the new house in a separate bag. A blanket, toothbrush, change of clothes, mobile phone, keys, and other pertinent items should be packed along in a bag of essentials.
- Plan for the Big Day – Imagine how the day would go in your head. What do you intend to do when you wake up? Who will be involved? What steps should you take to ensure that everything runs smoothly? Performing a dry run in your mind will help you figure out what needs to be done and how it has to be done so you don’t forget anything along the way.
YNM Real Estate
1300 588 855