Preferences change from time to time. However, some quintessential attributes have remained the same for homebuyers around the country. Beyond the basic infrastructure and amenities, present day homebuyers are looking for a host of features.
• Let us begin with the most important factor that Aussies focus on today, the price. More Aussies are preferring affordability than trying to find a perfect home in a perfect location. Aussies now know they can opt for fixer uppers and make a house their perfect home. The millennial generation, in particular, is not willing to take up a financial burden that is too difficult to bear.
• That doesn’t mean people are willing to settle for any location. Everyone wants a safe neighbourhood. It is right up there on the list of priorities. Affordability and safety reign paramount here. Then one considers the spatial factors. Homebuyers want a backyard. Not many are too rigid with lawns upfront or giant driveways but backyard is an essential element. Families are looking for spacious living rooms and an additional living space. It could be a sunroom, a small deck, some outdoor space or perhaps some space indoor to spare for a couch, some seating furniture, a coffee table or just a swing.
• Water features are gaining prominence among Aussies. Aussies want a pool. It doesn’t have to be a lap pool. It could be a small pool for two or three people. Some are willing to settle for a waterfront property without a pool.
• Views are gaining prominence as well, so are utilitarian features like a granny flat. Homebuyers are looking for renovated wet areas, such as kitchens and bathrooms, outdoor entertaining and a lot of natural light. Aussies have always enjoyed natural light but historically the homes and their designs have not facilitated much of it. Skylights have become very popular. A north facing orientation is more preferred these days.
• While homebuyers have always looked for spacious bedrooms, people now look for spacious storage as well. No family will ever complain that the storage space is too large. Anyone can always do with more storage.
Do you have any of these on your home-purchase wish list? Contact YNM Real Estate today to find your perfect pad!